Tuesday 25 November 2014

Brain Map Autobiography (Creative Writing Seeds)

Brain Map

What do you think makes you who you are?
What are the words, thoughts, beliefs, and ideas that make up you?
In this writing exercise, use the “brain map” to the right to help you figure out what’s in your brain! Then, use those words to form a poem that tells us about you.

1.       Fill out this brain with words, thoughts, and ideas that make up the person that you are!


2.       Use the words that filled out your “brain,” and explain what they mean to you to make a poem.

For example, your poem might look like this:
Ex:
Elyn’s Mind
Family – Family is at the forefront of my thoughts, and so it is literally at the front of my brain.
Reading – I am always thinking about reading: what I have read, what I am reading, and what I want to read next.
Painting – I like art; I used to do a lot of drawing, but now when I do art, I find that I am mostly drawn to painting.
Brown – I love the colour brown! Many of my clothes are brown, my furniture is brown, and even my bedroom is brown. I love the warmth of the colour; I feel that I sink into it and it envelops me.
Roxette – Roxette is my favourite band. They are a band from the 80s that no one knows, but I hear their music and I feel perfect.


Now, you try! Use the words that filled up your brain to write an informally structured poem about who you are, what you do, and what you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment